Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rear Sprocket

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by lui, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Any online shop that you are aware of stocks a good selection of rear sprockets and will ship to AU at reasonable rate?

Looking for a 45T rear and possibly new chain and 18T front (though would like to avoid a complete set if I can just get away with the rear).
  2. Dont be a tight ass,do all sprockets and chain at the same time.Anything else is false ecomomy.I find if u have a good relationship with your mechanic it often doesnt work out much more for them to fit a set.Last set i had fitted on my zx9 was just over $300
  3. I want to try 45T to see how it feels, will swap back to 42T if I don't like it.
  4. I want to try 45T to see how it feels, will swap back to 42T if I don't like it.

If I were to keep the 45T for good, then yes, will get the front and new chain as well as letting the mechanic to do it because I don know how to do the front nor do I have a chain tool.
  5. Did a 520 conversion for $174 on my SV650 going back a while (post below from svdownunder forum, April 2010):

B&C Express, UK - http://www.bandcexpress.co.uk/sprockets/road.html

On (L) navigation box: Select model "SV650 with 520 conversion"

199-520-45HA: Renthal Aluminium Hard Anodised Rear Sprocket 199-520-45HA £ 21.10

385U-520-15: Renthal Front Sprocket 385U-520-15 £ 10.73

Order Subtotal £ 31.83
    Shipping & Handling £ 12.95
    Grand Total £ 44.78

Paid $75 via Paypal.

Peter Stevens (VIC & SA) are selling DID X-Ring 520 chains for $99, U/P $170.

Nb. Not worthwhile getting the kits from B&C, their shipping for a kit is GBP71.48!! Ditto for postage if buying chain from them.