Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rear shock re-build

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by ibast, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Does anyone know anyone that does these?

Preferably in Sydney.

Rough idea of cost?

2. No idea of cost, but try Terry Hay (number would be in AMCN) or Frank Pons (Biketek, I think)

Both of these guys are excellent.
  3. Thanks.
  4. Had shock rebuild done at Promecha in Melbourne recently. Cost was as follows to give you an idea - $120.00 for basic service which involved full strip, fresh oil and regas. The revalve cost extra $60.00. If new seal kit needed, they were on hand.
  5. Pretty good. Have to wonder why you would pay high hundreds or low thousands for a basic aftermarket.
  6. I got some over the phone quotes yesterday.

Range from $150 to $360 depending on who and how much I want trick it up.

The spring rate seems about right, but I might get it rebuilt and get some revaling done, so U'l probably be up for $250 odd.
  7. One: to be seen
    Two: because if you ask your local dealer he'll likely say it's a sealed unit and can't be dismantled, and by the way he can sell you an original for X hundred bucks
    Three: because if you can afford c. 1400 for an Ohlins it will perform better than everything else