Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rear shock brands?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by hopeless, Dec 13, 2015.

1. So as part of my FZX750 Upgrade project I want some new rear shocks. They use the same size shocks as an XJR1200 or Vmax and probably 100 others. My pocket loves the the cheaper JBS brand, However they get mixed reviews at best. Ohlins and Gazi looks cool with a great rep, but is at the ceiling of my budget . Any others I should look at? I'm just looking for a more solid road feel, currently its pretty soft. I'm not needing high performance or anything I ride fairly sedately, lots of commuting and round town stuff with a bi -weekly twisty ride. I'm 100kgs.I will probably throw up to about $400 I guess.

2. Have a look at about

Ikon shocks, Australian built, good quality, I use their gear on my BMW.
  3. Cheers Mate. one for me to research!
  4. Wilbers?
  5. Hyperpro.

Had front springs and rear shock installed on my old ZZR, man I regret selling that bike now..
  6. Look too pricey for my budget.

hyperpro make good gear though. will look into them too
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Yeah, they're not cheap, but they are rebuildable......
  8. Yeah, rebuildable is good. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to buy crap, I just need keep the mods in line with the value of the bike and not seriously overcapitalise.
  9. Ordered a set of Ikon 76 basix today. cheapest option with no user damping adjustment. but I talked through what I wanted and they were really helpful and suggested these were the best match. be here next week I guess.
    • Like Like x 1