Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

QLD Rear registration plate light

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by goafreak, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Hi all,
    just put my zx12r in to get RWC here in qld and he knocked me back on having a rear light/indicator cluster set up...fair enough. So now i have to buy a tail tidy and throw indicators on... no probs. Can anyone tell me if the zx12r had a rear number plate light as standard or did they just have a reflector near the plate? If i can get away with no plate light will make my life easier.

2. To meet registration requirements. a light must be fitted that when switched on, illuminates the number plate with white light, enabling the number plate characters to be read at night from a distance of 20 metres.

Please check the various forums descriptions to know where your thread belongs and consider introducing yourself in the Welcome Lounge.

Link: ADR 48/00 - Devices for Illumination of Rear Registration Plates
    Link: Welcome Lounge & Birthday Greetings

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Good to know
    But some of the new NSW custom plates (blue on black) are bloody difficult to read in daylight.
  4. Put it back to stock, and it will pass. Strictly speaking, tail tidies aren't legally roadworthy, so it could fail again (at least, it would in Victoria).