Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rear Hugger Street Triple

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Julien, Nov 1, 2009.

1. I've just bought a street triple. The dealer can fit a Triumph rear hugger for 90 bucks?

Do you guys think it is worth the money? Do rear huggers really work at keeping your suspension etc. clean?
  2. 90 bucks? That's a great price, go for it!

Probably not a big deal is you aren't going to ride in the rain, but for $90 just get it anyway.

I was considering getting one for my Speed Triple, but $300 is a bit too much for a bit of plastic.

3. ~$90 is the cost of the hugger right? Are they fitting it for free or is $90 the labour charge?

Be aware that you have to remove the rear wheel to fit it. It screws into the right side of the swingarm on the inside, so it's practically impossible to tighten that screw with the rear wheel fitted.
  4. Do it! Astounds me that these don't come stock with the bike.
  5. just got a Striple R and thats the first thing i will do. put one on the er6 and in 15 mins removed hours of cleaning the rear of the engine and suspension. keeps the underside of the tail clean too. and yes, the buggers could just throw them in.
  6. Thanks for your posts guys.

I've got the hugger and the bike that goes with it! I bought my bike second hand from AJ's Motorcycles in Sheparton (VIC). Those guys are just fantastic! Prices are extremely reasonable and they are very honest when it comes to dealing with them (quite unusual for motorcycle dealers...).

I bought the bike without seeing it (only photos) and they shipped it to my work in Sydney for 140 bucks! The bike is in fantastic shape! I'm loving it.

Highly recommended