Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rear Brake Pads

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by davesquirrel, Aug 29, 2011.

1. On average, how many k's should you get out of them under moderate usage. 8000km seems a bit low for the amount i've used the rear brakes over the time i've owned the bike (especially given i've just replaced the front brake pads on my car at 50000kms and my wife doesn't understand the concept of gentle braking).

2. on rear brake pads?? it really depends on many things.

how hard you ride, what you ride, conditions you ride in. all these sort of things. what the pads are (ie aftermarket or OE). condition of the disc.

what are you riding?

3. I don't ride super hard & my rears are still near new at 15,000km!
    Must admit, I use them sparingly, gentle when stopping & the 'occasional' trail braking.
    Fronts are about to be replaced though.

4. My rears are at 10,650 km and 60 degrees say that they're close to needing replacement :-/

5. G'day everyone,...

Just done 72K major service, Still on original brakes, pads all have heaps of meat left on them.

Your style of rideing/driveing will determin how long they will last.

Dr Who?

6. Apparently I went through the brake pad and the metal backing. Expensive lesson to check the brake pads every now and again ~ (bike done 26,500KM). Metal scraping on the brake disc;

[​IMG]