Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rear Brake Master Cylinder

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by bradc1988, Mar 31, 2010.

1. So the other day I pushed a little hard on my rear brake and all of a sudden it gives and my rear brakes don't work. So I get to my destination and see that one of the bolts that hold the master cylinder in place is gone, the push rod is misaligned and the brake lever is pushing nothing. So I realign the cylinder, put in a screw I had lying around and off I go. 5 minutes into the next ride it happens again, the bolt is flung out.

Anyone have any recommendations as to what I should do? The bike is a VTR250, and with all this rain in Sydney at the moment it is rather irritating having no rear brake.

2. Just get the right screw, the right washer (if applicable), apply a dab of thread locker and torque to spec.

Or am I missing something?
  3. bugger that. This is where the legendary fencing wire and pantyhose comes in.

Why fix something safely and properly when you can bodgy it?