Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Really feel for this bloke

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by RussellDP, May 28, 2016.

1. I dropped into my local shop to pick up an oil filter for the Hyosung this morning. Walking around the bikes, I found this poor little beastie.....

What would be the most likely cause of this? Chain adjustment causing the lock up?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Looking at the rust on that chain I'd say it's never been lubricated.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Probably. My guess would be that he was trying to kill kittens with the chain not properly maintained.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Just such a shame to see such a good bike damaged in such a way. I imagine with the damage to the swingam etc it would almost be a write off?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. And here I was thinking that lubing my chain every 500km is an OCD symptom :nailbiting: Blimey, if I needed a better incentive to look after the chain, that will be it! Clear demonstration of the consequences of neglecting a simple maintenance task, though this is probably one of the worst outcomes. Hmmm... Not sure if I feel a lot of sympathy for the owner, but I sure do feel sad for this poor bike :grumpy: Looks like a very expensive lesson in basic maintenance...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Looking at the patch on his tyre I'd say we found how that guy got his helmet ground down the way he did in that other post ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Not to mention the chain link bruise tattood on his or hers left cheek

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I thought that too, but the rest of the bike looked in good shape.....well, at least from the front sprocket forwards anyway. All the fairings looked in great shape, so i dont reckon he dropped it, which is a good thing, reckon they might have needed the brown pants that day

• Like Like x 2
  9. hmmm, hope it not because of the cheap Chinese rearsets he has on it, i have some pretty similar to them to fit. but thinking i won't bother now...
    it's an R1 too isn't it...
    but yep the chain looks pretty dry too...

10. Chain too tight. Maybe was correct before it rusted and seized. Unlucky. A can of lube is $14... Wonder what this bill will be.

• Agree Agree x 1