Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Really dumb question......

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by hornet, Jul 30, 2005.

1. ... considering how long I've been posting, but how do you quote just part of another post??? (as opposed to the whole quote)[/i]

2. {quote="name"} text {/quote}

Replace {} with []

3. Thank you, kind sir
  4. As always, my pleasure.
  5. Another dumb question - I realise you use the URL tag to create a hyperlink.

But what do you do if you want to make a link from (say) part of a sentence, rather than pasting the whole URL into your post?
  6. You can do what I do, hit the quote button then hilight & delete the parts of the post you don't want quoted.
  7. Then you type {url=https://netrider.net.au} Click Here {/url}
  8. See, there's ALWAYS an answer on Netrider.
  9. There are NO dumb questions, just dumb answers!!!!

(Which, of course, NEVER happens on netrider)
  10. I find that when you hit the PostReply Button you can hit the quote button above the reply box then scroll down to the next window where you can highlight and copy the text, from the previous posts, then paste the text after the first Quote symbols then hit the quote button again and it closes the quote you just pasted then start a new line and your comments.

I find this works well and is quite quick when you get the hang of it.
  11. Ive always wondered how they did it to . I normally just spam vic with questions , then he gets shitty and asks me to ring him :p :wink: :LOL: :LOL:
  12. Bastard is not lying either :evil: phone calls at all hours of the night..............

Just kidding, happy to help.............. Prick
  13. Wait... you give out your phone number now Vic? :p

14. That's very helpful, thanks rascus. :)
  15. Use the quote button to quote the whole lot then delete the bits you don't want or add/remove/move the existing {quote} tags.

Also when you are typing in your post, look to the bottom left of the text box and you'll see BBCode, Its got all the tricks on it.