Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Real mens cars

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Roarin, Aug 30, 2010.

1. #1 Roarin, Aug 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    If ya got 10 minutes or so to spare, lay your eyes (and ears) on this.
    If the sound these cars make don't send a shiver down your spine -then best you drop your dacks and check they're still swinging. I vote the Audi Quattro 5 cyclinder turbo as the best sounding engine ever made. Full stop. Enjoy.

2. back in the day when men had hair on their chests.
  3. Some of the photographers have big brass ones as well!
  4. What do you mean by back in the day? I have a nice display of manfur.
  5. #5 halifax, Aug 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  6. I was driving through the airport tunnel with an old mustang and camaro just in front of me. They opened up. It was heavenly.
  8. The above link is dead; this is the closest replacement I've located:

Let's not forget the crowd — they took audience participation to a new level :)
  9. I preferred the RS200, group b was generally awesome all around though.
  10. I've got a bit of a thing for building a stang or a shelby cobra... one day when i have enough garage space lol.

but the most awesome car ive heard (in person cause vids dont sound the same) was the Labo Gallardos in Targa Tas. they sound like someones having an all out street race between a v8 supercar and the fast and furious Supra then come round the corner and you realise its all one car..... but who the fcuk can afford a lambo. I might as well say i want a space shuttle for the accelleration.
  11. The old BMW 635 Csi with the inline six was a good sounding machine, Jim Richards howling down the front straight at Sandown.
  12. Road car : Miura SV. Closely followed by a Hemi four-speed anything.

Race car : 60's vintage F1 cars.