Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

re-upholstering seat -Sydney

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by p53, Aug 11, 2010.

1. My seat has seen better days, the sun has perished the covering, so I want/need to replace it. It is a simple seat with just the material stretched over it. I am keen to give it a crack and try to cover it myself, the only problem is that I don't know where I can get suitable material to do it (in Sydney or online), does anyone have any suggestions? the alternative is get a professional to do, has anyone got any suggestions about upholsterers in Sydney (preferably on the western side of Sydney).

2. I got mine done at Parramatta. Some auto upholsterer store. $50 to re-cover the seat?

It was just across the road from Bikebiz. It was the last or second last street street if you take the Church St exit from the M4 and head towards the CBD.
  3. But surely that varies on the material?

Because I was quoted $220 in Sutherland (Stuff is always twice as much in 'the shire') for the same material as used on jet ski seats that provide a "sticker" seat.
  4. Metzi moto skinz.
  5. That guy wants $420 to reupholster my seat, and his stuff is similar to the corbin design, which is made with real leather.