Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National RE Class Licencing

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by jameso95, Nov 29, 2011.

  1. Hi,
    Im 16 years old and am very keen to get my RE Learner Motorbike Licence. Problem is that I live in QLD where the minimum age is 18. Ive seen that other states (like TAS) where the learner age is 16. Is it possible to sit for a RE licence in a state that you are not a resident in? So in other words, am I able to sit for a RE Licence in Tasmania even though I live in QLD and hold a QLD learner car licence?


  2. Hi James...im sure you could probably do it so long as you sit the knowledge test in tassie (for example), also did the pre learner rider training there and were also be able to prove you are a resident of that state.
    If you cant do those then the answer would be no.