Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

re cb125

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by quami, Jun 6, 2012.

1. hi guys

just wanted to know if there is a difference between the cb125 and the cbr 125r. i wanted to no because i was thinking of purchasing a service manual for the cbr125r to use it to service the new cb125e and to c if i could use it for that purpose.

2. [​IMG][​IMG]

They are the same bike.
  3. Th CBR has 6 gears, the CB has 5.
    CB has larger wheels and drum brake instead of disc.

They also have a different compression ratio.
  4. cheers guys thanx for the help
  5. Just in case you somehow didn't spot it, I was being sarcastic about them being the same bike. Completely different machines, as is clear from the pictures I posted.
  6. Hey mendosi, do you have the same exhaust on your CBR125 as is on the one in the pic above?
  7. The R is also liquid-cooled, CB air.
  8. No - that exhaust is a 2012-redesign special. Mine looks like this: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339109061.130863.
  9. -wipes sweat off forehead- :)
  10. Do you also think it looks ugly?
    (the new one)
  11. Ugly would be a start. I've been quite vocal about my dislike for the stock exhaust on the 250, didn't realise Honda were putting a similar one on the 125.
  12. I don't think that the stubby, fat exhaust is out of character with the whole-of-bike look with the 2012 model, but I certainly prefer the skinny look of the older ones.

Unfortunately the black in the two photographs doesn't really show off the shape of the bike very well.

Post a piccie of your bike, the one in your profile is too small (I think we have effected a good change of topic here).
  13. [ Haha yeah, awesome thread derail. OP: the bikes are different. :) ]

Is it an exhaust shot you're after? Can't see it in the profile pic anyway because this bike is all backwards and the exhaust is on the sidestand side. :p I think it looks perfectly fine but I'm not sure who of the fine folk at Arrow thought the design would match the bike which is what, 1/1000th yellow?

14. Gorgeous.
  15. Get one too. :p