Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Re-baffle oem exhaust

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by PT-Bne, Mar 9, 2011.

1. I spent ages looking for an exhaust for the ER6n, more for a bit of noise than anything else, finally settled on a Scorpion slip on.

Was difficult because I think the OEM one looks great but is obviously very quiet.

I ordered the Scorpion one 7 weeks ago, expected ETA of around 4-5 days, 2 weeks later and no call from the shop, so I ring up and am told a few more days. This has happened over and over and over again until I ring on Tuesday, they said the container was unpacked yesterday and no muffler, so who knows when I will get it.

I found a company that re-baffle the standard exhaust to be lighter, flow better and make a reasonable noise.

Has anyone had experience doing this? A fair bit cheap than a whole new muffler, sounds too good to be true.

Company is motorcycle exhaust professionals at Slacks Creek. Can turn it around in a day and only $320.

2. Might work. Might not. It's unlikely to work any worse than the average slip-on. Just bear in mind that if it proves impossible to get the carb jetting/EFI settings right or if you get pinged for roadworthiness, you no longer have the easy option of putting the stock pipe back on.
  3. How about an iPod synched to your tach, playing a recording of the bike of your dreams. Popo happy, neighbours happy, you're happy.

Must be something in the air here.....
  4. You could be on to something there!
  5. If theyre not just repacking it and do it properly you can get great resaults. What you want is for them to completely gut it, weld in new perferated tube so that it runs straight through and then pack it. This will perform better and sound better, it will be the same as any other sports muffler in that your tune will be affected though and ideally needs a re tune.

Had this done to my 2000 model R6, we shortened it and did what i said above. Sounded better than some big brand ones at the time, nice and deep. Picked up a few hp with a tune too.