Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ray Quincy motorcycles

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by idontlikemondays, Nov 9, 2007.

1. there is an XR400 for sale here that i would seriously think of buying. but im in NSW, and i have no idea about getting an inspection done in VIC.
    has anyone ever brought from these guys before? is it a reasonable place to buy? who could i get to take a look at the aforementioned bike?

2. I bought my CBR from them 14,000kms ago ~ 6 months. I haven't had any problems with the bike. I think you should get a trustworthy and thorough mech minded person to look over it for you. Sometimes good shops sell dodgy bikes, sometimes dodgy shops sell good bikes.
  3. Dom, lets go take a look at it ourselves. I'm keen if you are!

The one you PM'd me about has been removed..
  4. I used to share a house with a bloke who worked for them. I would say port80 has hit the nail on the head. I'd be paying for a condition report if it was my money.
    Having said that, the bike I bought off them gave me no trouble.
  5. I've been in there once, only recently in fact, with a friend of mine who was after a Spada. There was a cute little one, '88 model - in good condition, some light rust showing on the engine casing, but he (Ray Quincy) wouldn't budge from $4750 :shock:

You can pick up a '99+ VTR for that (if you're lucky)

No amount of haggling would get the price down.

but i suppose it is like anything. Sometimes you can pick up a good deal, sometimes not.
    Maybe he wasn't willing to bargain on price cos I'm a girl. Maybe he had a bad day......

I must say that the salesguy (who's name I don't remember :oops: ) was really good
  6. vic, i definatley tried the links page after you made your feelings clear to that bloke in the new riders section :LOL:

wayne for sure mate! i wouldnt mind doing a trip down the spur and great ocean road. 3 day road trip? yeah i saw that someone had removed that other one. maybe a good thing, he was a regular in the trouble shooting section ie "im a quamby and snapped a bolt in the frame" :LOL: