Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Raven's got a new bike

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by raven, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Yesterday, I traded in the 07 Fireblade for a 2011 Daytona 675.

Here tis, first run in the twisties to the tyres scrubbed in out around the edges.

It's not that I no longer enjoy what a powerhouse Thou can do...In fact my Blade never let me down, and I've gulped down the addictive drug of outrageous accelleration and performance for a looooong time now.

But the simple fact is....I want to move on to a different style of riding...instead of brutal force, I'm settling for svelt power, riding the cresendo of sound that only a triple can provide. The 675 was impassable...so I trading in the Blade for this swift, effortless, and intoxicating daytona 675....and I'm a happy little vegemite :)

Now for around a year of learning and converting my skillset to this different kind of animal that requires a different kind of approach to riding overall.

2. Congrats John !
    That is one mighty fine looking sexy machine you have there ;)
    Enjoy the new beast mate.
  3. Wow, what a beauty! Triumph makes incredible bikes. Congrats Raven.

4. Mod-nificent!

def looks better than the black.

5. Wow congrats Raven your going to love it mate! Nice choice in colour, I saw one the same a few days ago it looked amazing.

I highly recommend -1 tooth down on the front and the 1050 throttle tube conversion. It'll be the best $50 u ever spend on it :)

Cheers Marty
  6. Nice bike. Those things wheelie like a mofo ;)
  7. Excellent. welcome to the triumph club!
  8. I like these actually n fact I like them a lot - just they feel to small for my bulk when I sit on them

9. welcome to the gaytona club raven there a very easy bike to like=D>
  10. Congratulations Raven, A very nice bike. I am sure you will have heaps of fun on it. What a Christmas present for yourself, WOW.
  11. I can already what the change in gearing will do, since 1st gear seems capable of about mach2 all by itself, Marty. :))
    But what's the idea behind the 1050 throttle tube, mate?

Ps. Thanks everyone :)
  12. Congrats raven. Keep us posted.
  13. Congratz mate! :) Very cool. :)
  14. Congrats Raven. She's a beaut mate.
    You'll no doubt have bucket loads of fun.
  15. its essentially a quick turn throttle.. no need to release hand and grab another handful to turn the throttle... cheapest and best mod for the bike...
  16. nice bike and an even nicer photo, John
  17. Beautiful looking bike...which dealer did you buy it from...did you get a good deal and were they helpful?
  18. Well done John!
  19. Ahaa. Gotcha mate. Sounds like it's a dealer fit, ya reckon?
    I am mechanically capable, but usually can't be stuffed if it's more than a few screws or bolts. Ie new screen goes on tommorrow.(me) :)