Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rattling Mirror

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by sly, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Riding home from work the other day, I hear some rattling, not totally sure where it was coming from, so stopped, gave the Zed a shake and it seems to be the right mirror. For those who know the Zed, the mirrors are quite bulbous, with plenty of room inside the mirror. The reflective part is fine and doesn't move at all.

So the questions is, what the hell is rattling around inside my mirror???

I'm thinking I'd be better off going down to SCM in Kograh, get them to check it out.

cheers.

2. Could be the brake lever.

Is the bike under warrenty? If it is then take it back.

If it's not then I'd try and fix it myself. Chances are is just a loose nut or similar and will be easy to fix.

If you take it too a bike mechanic it could be a couple of hours labour ($120).

3. Great advise :roll:

4. check the seal around the mirror it could be the glass. It was on mine, damn british bikes. If it is use a good 2pack epoxy to put a couple of "tacks" to hold the mirror at each corner... problem over.

5. 2005 Z750 SHOULD still be under warranty... Let Kawasaki pay for fixing it I rekkon !! :)

6. Quick update.

Spoke to SCM, they have spoken to Kawasaki and they are sending new mirrors, not the same that are on there currently, apparently better quality ones.

Good on SCM and Kawasaki, problem resolved without a shitfight. Just have to put with the rattle until the new mirrors arrive.