Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rather her than me!!....

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by Tweetster, Nov 12, 2009.

1. #1 Tweetster, Nov 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  2. What is it with Americans?

They do dumb shit, then make us all take out public liability insurance, instead of just not doing dumb shit.

3. Why would anyone even THINK thats a good idea in the first place?
  4. haah i sware theres a ride like this in some carnival/theme park ive been to before
  5. Because it looks like a lot of fun.

6. There... fixed :)
  7. You serious? That looks like CRAZY fun!
  8. I agree. Where do I sign up?
  9. There are heaps of them up in gold coast around holiday season. but vertical rather than horizontal. I think they did it on the footy show (nrl one). However, there are a tad more saftey features on the commercial ones.
  10. More crazy than fun. What's to stop it becoming unstable and slamming you into the ground?

11. Well, I'm no physicist, but I'm fairly certain that things just don't change direction mid flight for no reason. The only thing I can think of that could cause that to happen is if one of the struts or cables snapped.
  12. Nope, there's always a reason :)

In this case the elastic sling is initially the dominant force, with gravity keeping things stable (without which, just a small movement by the subject could very easily result in hitting the ground). The video cuts off early. I would like to see the end of the situation; I suspect it becomes more unstable for a while, admittedly at much lower speeds. I *suppose* it's safe, but I wouldn't like to bet my life on it!

13. #13 rs101, Nov 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015