Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

random bloke taking photos of our number plates - Mount Nebo, QLD

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by 14two10, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Anyone else get their number plate snapped while riding between Mount Nebo and The Gap this morning?

He had a maroon station wagon, I think it was a Mitsubishi Magna, around 2001 model I think, parked on the side of the road, closer to The Gap end.

Disgruntled local home owner with a vendetta against bikes trying to gather evidence of some type?

I don't see what he is trying to achieve, photos don't really prove anything.

Anyone else see him?
  2. There's a few businesses that sit on corners at mountains taking photos of cars and bikes going around them. They put them online and hope you buy them.
    Was probably one of those.
  3. I don't think so. He didn't have a pro or semi-pro quality camera, it was just like a little point and shoot style.

Plus he looked kind of agitated.

4. wouldn't you be trying to shoot moving bikes with a pos point and shoot?
  5. I recall a thread covering the exact same topic (As I recall about the Mt Nebo Rd) about 6 months or so ago…
    Wonder if it is the same guy?