Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Random bike related stories etc etc

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Ktulu, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Just thought instead of making a new topic every time I see something I want to share, I'll just have my own little awesome thread that I update/resurrect every so often with another story.

Feel free to check it for new stuff if you want... I don't care, I'll post anyway.

So today coming back from work!

At the Briens Rd [becomes Old Windsor] / Cumberland Hwy intersection at like 5:20pm I see a one-participant drag race.
    A red and white Yamaha YSF1000 moves off from the lights in a calm and collected manner.

Meanwhile! -in the right lane, quite possibly in his big sister's Lancer named 'Shuga Pi" [or sum shit], Captain Auto has decided that his GLXi has got a shot at teaching this biker a lesson.

From what I could see, this is what the vehicles had:

Yamaha YZF1000:
    - nice red and white paint scheme.
    - probably stock exhaust.
    - that's about it.

Zomg Lancer Evo! Nuh uh! STFU it looks like one! No they didn't even do an Evo in that shape you stoned, negative IQ, preschool drop-out:
    - aftermarket clear rear light-clusters. (that's like, + 5 horsepower)
    - no spoiler. (so it looks like a Supra that isn't trying as a hard as it's owner).
    - fake-alloys hub caps (come on champ, you could have bought half a pack of Winfield Reds for the cost of those!).

Now for the climax of the story:
    YZF disappears up the road, completely unaware someone is racing it :p
    Off into the sunset and everything (it was that time of day & heading west).

Lancer trails as best he can. BTW, his name is Captain Auto because it was a manual and the sound that came from that poor bloody car's gearbox as Cap Auto raped 2nd has a bright future in advertising for Violet Crumbles and Crunchies.

It sounded like 1000 Lego men in a hydraulic press!
    ... like a Chup-a-chup under a steel-capped boot!
    ... like old-school Xmas decorations getting hit by a bus!
    ... like a Maglite failing the truck test!
    ... like chewing Doritos except I felt the same amount of pain for those gears as when one ends up vertical and stabs you in the roof of your mouth!

'And Ktulu laughed his balls off...

...pulled over - picked them up, welded them back on, and drove home.'

2. Got back from camping today!
    We were down at Nowra, in the Yalwal reserve, near the dam.

Late night drive down, Friday - on Saturday we drove all the way back out to get into town for bacon & eggs etc.
    There's usually one or two other 4WD's on the way in or out + trail-bikes if we're lucky.

This time we see the Ranger, a 4WD Ambulance, SES 4WD, Police (Rodeo) and Police (4WD) AND there's a helicopter overhead :shock:
    We're trading theories and stories... my idea was a prank call about finding a body in the bush or something.

Anyway, on the way back in, at the end of the ridge road we met a bloke on a Yami trailie just waiting there, bike is parked nearby.
    We stop for a chat ala "Do you know WTF's going on in here today, mate?"

Turns out this guy was meeting his friends for a weekend's riding - they were out already and he was trying to find them.
    Doubly so now because one of them was injured (the reason for all the authorities on their way in... and we were thinking "Sh1t... we didn't put our fire out. What's the fine gonna be???").

Poor guy was airlifted out: spinal injury :(
    We didn't catch any names, but we had a beer with Mr Yamaha back at camp, which was all he/us could do.

Condolences to the injured rider, I really hope you can make a full recovery.

All the riders carried E-PERBs (for those not in the know, an E-PERB is basically a transmitter you activate when you really need help and you're where radios/phones dont work... $10,000 fine for false activiation/misuse btw) - and so that's what they activated to get airlifted out.

I'm going to invest in one when I get a dirt-bike for sure :idea:
  3. how is the seal looking out yalwal rd? thats all my work out there.
  4. Depending on where your work starts and finishes:

Good job! / What road?