Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

raising the 'line'/rear of the bike?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by shady_knife, May 29, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

i know its hard to see in that image (due to the distraction) but, if i wanted to raise the line of a bike similar to this one, would it be as simple as getting a larger spring? or would i have to change the frame?

2. cant see why u would need to change the frame, its not a rigid?
  3. no its not rigid.

so all's you would need to do would be to get a larger spring?
  4. Nah you'd need to lengthen the inner fork rod too. Best bet is to research and find another set at the length and spring rate you're looking for and do a swap. You may need to match up or engineer holes and bushes etc.

What's the purpose behind raising the rear?
  5. You can increase your preload to raise the rear.
  6. WTF are you guys talking about I can't see a bike in that photo...
  7. Longer shocks are what you need. Just be careful about chain adjustment as the further the swingarm gets from the horizontal, the more suspension movement will affect the tension.

Lifting the back of the bike will also quicken up the steering, but most twin shockers are fairly conservative in the rake and trail department so it probably won't become dangerously twitchy.

What for do you want to raise it?
  8. I wonder if she puts she was Miss Rats Hole on her modelling resume? 8-[

Oh yeah the bike, what they said. ^^^