Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Raising the Brisbane quota...

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Millsy, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Hi,

Thought it might be time to stop lurking and introduce myself. I would like to say cheers to the members for the excellent advice I've picked up from this site. Of course there is quite a lot of bollocks written as well but it's entertaining bollocks if nothing else :LOL:

I haven't bought my first bike yet as I have the decision making powers of a 12 year old girl. I've been looking at the naked Honda 250's as recommended by many of you but I'm getting sucked in by the bling and easy comfort on the cruiser style bikes. I have been particulalry impressed with the Hyosung GV250 Aquila but the resale prospects are putting me off.

Does anyone have any recommendations where I should buy my bike from in Brisbane?

2. cbr 250 rr... if your really lookin i'll sell you mine.. thinking of upgrading. fcuk the R license until august. if you look up some picks and like the style of bike and being a 4cylinder 250 little race bike. let me know and i'll tell ya why there awesome

edit: or check this out. http://www.cr-x.org/cbr250/forum

just don't believe much of what is said. 95% bullshit including most of the tips
  3. Thanks for the offer, but these bikes seem a bit over-priced to me. I'm a Scot so I like my value for money :wink:

I sat on one of these a couple of weeks ago and it felt like a toy to be honest. i'm 6ft 1 and 95kg so I need something substantial between my legs :shock:
  4. I'm glad a tourer will do that for ya.

5. Welcome aboard :D

stay safe and have fun
  6. Hi Millsy , welcome .
  7. Welcome to the forums Millsy :)
  8. Hey millsy, welcome to the forum. Nice to have another Scotsman around, haggis will be pleased!
  9. welcome milsy

value for money or just a mean scotts man :LOL:
  10. Why, I have no idea what you mean sir... :cool: