Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

RainX on visor? y/n

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by peter-reebok, Jan 6, 2007.

1. RainX on visor? y/n

Any suggestions?

Or does it cloud the visor plastic?
  2. It specifically says on the bottle not to use it on plastic, so I haven't tried it. Why don't you try it on the side of the visor, where damage wont matter, and let us all know how it goes. :grin:

However, some people here do use it. I just clean the thing, and sometimes use Mr Sheen on it.

Search the forums, you'll find lots of opinions.
  3. Thanks
    RTFM rules I guess!

Have got some at home - will try it on the helmet I am about to throw out (old age)
  4. I've used it on visors for years, never had an issue.
  5. works on visors without a problem
  6. Rain-X is alcohol based so should be fine - however no real point using it on plastic anyway. All Rain-X is designed to do is leave a hydrophobic (water repellent) polymer layer on glass. Plastic however is a polymer and naturally hydrophobic - so the difference seen with using Rain-x is mainly going to be just down to the alcohol cleaning the surface. You can achieve the same result with a bit of metho on a cloth (doing the same on the inside will also reduce fogging) ;).
  7. FWIW I just found a box of it under the sink and Rain-X Anti-Fog actually lists helmet visors as one of it's uses. Whether the "Glass Treatment" product does likewise I can't say.
  8. I've used RainX and didn't have a problem with it. Beads water nicely.
  9. RainX was originally developed for use on perpex wind shields on aircraft. (or so I've been told) I found it works a treat. :cool:
  10. RainX Anti Fog, i found as useless as tits on a bull, left a smear on the inside of the visor even after alot of cleaning it still fogged up, either its a shit product for anti fogging or I just need to not breath so heavy when I'm on the bike (oh man thats gonna kill me)

just the normal RainX for the outside of your visor I find fantastic in the rain, water just beads off so no need to wipe the rain away whilst flying along, I've been using it along time on my visor and no problems with it not being suitable for the plastic.