Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rain X

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Rolla, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone can tell me if it is safe to use the product 'Rain X' on my visor.
    I use it on my car windscreen all the time coz it makes the water bead and run off quickly. Thought it would work great on the visor. But the bottle has a warning not to use it on plastics unless stated by the manufacturer.
    If i can't use it does someone know of a similar product that could be used.

2. Have used it for a number of years on my visors, never had a problem.

3. There's been a few posts on this topic if you use the search function.

Personally I use Mr Sheen, works just the same at half the price.

4. Rain-X is designed to put a polymer film onto glass making it repel water - helmet visors are already water repellant so using Rain-X on one shouldn't make any real difference. Far more important just to make sure you keep the visor as clean as possible. (insert plug for netrider visor cleaner here).

5. Very true. Thanks for help.

6. Dishwashing liquid , as has been mentioned before by our great one (bows :LOL: ) Vic . Have a box of rainx in the shed i haven't been game enough to use on the visor yet .

7. RainX is fine, wont damage the visor and it works really well in decent rain. When it drizzles, all you need to do is to turn your head sideways and the drizzle just flies off.

Be brave midnight, it's only a visor :p (unless it's an arai, then I fully understand :) )