Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rain-X on visors

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Gromit, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Does it work?

If it does, is there any downside to using it?

2. Done it once or twice. They say you shouldn't put Rain-X on any sort of plastic as it corrodes it, but I haven't seen any evidende on my visor.

And yes, it does work.

Now when will someone come up with visor-wipers???

3. Are you talking about the rain-x water repellant or the rain-x anti-fog?

4. Sorry, didn't know about the anti-fog.

I just remembered I've got an unopened bottle of the rain repellent in a cupboard somewhere (I thought about putting it on the car windscreen but never got round to it).

Was wondering whether it's a good idea to try it on my visor. Essential kit in a Melbourne summer!

5. Most plastics are naturally hydrophobic (water repellant) so applying Rain-x should have little effect, far better to just make sure the visor's free of oil and crap which might be causing the water to smear. It does work well on glass which is why I use it on my car's windscreen, windows and roof (glass panels) but I've found the anti-fog stuff fairly useless since it doesn't last long.

6. Rain-X is "da bomb"

Works really well on visors.

The anti fog stuff is crapola :(