Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rain birings out the crazy in people

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by matressking, Apr 30, 2009.

1. I was coming home from work last night approaching the bridge, coming dow the leftmost lane past a line of traffic. I was buffering and keeping an eye on the cagers when whaddya know, some moron shoots out right in front of causing an e-brake in the rain, heart in mouth situation.

Luckily I was only at a moderate speed and gave myself enough room and time to react so I ended up a couple of feet from his bumper, but this could have ended a lot differently.

Rain makes people do crazy things! Be extra vigilent!
  2. Acid rain ... it does strange things to people :LOL:
  3. Not to digress from your topic matressking, but I find the Oz extreme weather, in general, makes people short of a sanga or two, at a picnic,so to speak, whilst on the roads.
    Some years ago, I used to live in Alice Springs and Darwin etc. Alice ? Very hot, but bearable as it was a dry heat.
    Darwin ? Totally different story ! Standard 33 deg C, BUT 100% humidity..yuck !
    And you'd think being in a cage, with the aircon on HIGH (max, full, whatever) would make a difference ? Nope. Lots of people would actually 'lose the plot', go bananas, cuckoo.. statistics will prove this..................

..........this is why I left

Stay safe everybody. :shock: :grin: :LOL: