Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Radio Controlled 3 in 1 (Vid)

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Dazza, Jul 2, 2005.

1. That was awesome :D . Went bloody high thats for sure . Will put it on my xmas wish list 8)
  2. when I first saw it I thought another stick boat like friend races, but when it took off, wow!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

definately one for the wish list :)
  3. I want one of them they look like real fun. :D
  4. My wife and I have been looking for fome remote controll fun for ages (we have been looking at cars, boats and airplanes).... this has solved our delema... where can you get one??
  5. Alright, alright, what's the trick, the link at the end of the vid points to an "Under Construction" site???
  6. I don't get it. They shouldn't be able to fly if they can skim across the water like that. They appear to be like a normal hydroplane and they have wings to stop them from doing that, and so do these things, yet they can fly as well???

I sense a scam here...

However, if it IS genuine then I want one, or two.
  7. From the website...

"The Hydro-Foam is a remote control electric airplane powered by a brushless motor and lithium-polymer batteries."

At the moment that means lotsa $, Brushless motors require special AC output electronic speed controllers, ($$$) the motors are more expensive than the run of the mill "can" motors, but they got heaps of mumbo!

LiPOL batteries are getting cheaper, but are slow(er) to charge, and at least twice the price of NiMH, (they weigh bugger all in comparison tho) and have a very limited recharge count, 200-300 recharges for the abuse these Hi-amp applications have, they also have a max lifespan of 18 months, 2 years, wether you use them or not. NiMH is counted in 1000's of recharge cycles.

Recharging needs care as overcharging, or forcing too much current into the cell has been known to induce spontaneous combustion, and at least will destroy the cells. Also needs a special charger, and discharging below a safe level also destroys the cells.

Apart from that... Winner!!!

As for it flying RC36, given enough thrust, a brick will fly :wink:

8. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  9. Of course a brick WILL fly, but not tlike that, and it certainly won't do stunts and tricks like that sucker does.
  10. I subscribe to the "pack enough gunpowder under it....." school of thought ;)
  11. My mate showed me this, he is really into the RC car thing.
    They are definately awesome..add me to the "I want one" que :LOL: I think we have to wait a while until he releases a kit for them tho : (

I helped my friend piece together a little electic 4x4. It has a brushless motor in it aswell and it absolutely flies, you wouldnt believe how fast it is until you saw it. Those little motors are usually used in model planes because they are extremely light and extremely powerful.
    He nearly crashed it into my foot at full speed, that wouldve hurt.
  12. There's a thread over at one of the rc forums on how to make a brushless "outrunner" motor out of an old PC cdrom drive, pretty small, but incredible torque. The ESC costs three or four time sthe motor :shock:

Prices are coming down pretty quick as they become more popular.

I'm toying with "ducted fan" at the moment, wish I could afford a decent brushless setup, they outperform the glow engine version. 8)