Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

radiator shield fot vtr250 necessary?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by mobb, Nov 22, 2006.

1. I was wondering is it necessary to purchase a radiator protector for the vtr 250 worth the $200? why do bikes get it in the first place. thanks

2. If it prevents a rock thrown up by the front wheel from punching a hole in the radiator it'd be well worth it.
  3. It's one of those 1% things.
    Probably never need it. But the one time you did and you didn't have it, you would curse it's absence.
    My VTR250 has done bout 28000km with me in the saddle, never needed such a thing.
  4. guess it might depend on what sort of riding you do and where you ride. If you were regularly riding on gravel then maybe it would be more necessary.

It certainly not going to hurt, but it might be overkill if your just riding on teh streets in the city.
  5. The radiator is small and positioned up high. If you've got the front wheel guard fitted, there's no way your bike is going to flick up a rock into the radiator. I ride on sealed roads and won't bother with a radiator guard on mine.