Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Radiator modification

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Tim., Apr 16, 2011.

1. HI all,

I need to mod my radiator a little, just add an outlet and a cap.

Anyone in Sydney done this before? It's not too hard, and I have done some brazing int he past, but I don't have any torches for hot work like this in Sydney and have no experience with radiators. If there was someone about with some free time willing to help out that'd be sweet, if not I'll just spring for a torch and drink this case of beer all on my own :)

Tim.

2. Are you sure the top of the rad is not plastic? Many are.

3. Would have thought it'd be easier to just source a radiator from another bike instead.
    What are you modding, and why?

4. I don't ride bikes made of plastic :p

It was a cbr thou. Haven't thought up a new name for it yet. She's getting a remodel and there is a big ugly mess where they have the thermostat housing and radiator cap under the handle bar. I'm going to get rid of it.

Easiest way is I think is to move an inlet and add a cap directly to the top of the Rad.

I started looking for another rad but these mods are real solimple compared to the hassle of sourcing and mounting a random unit, plus I know this one keeps her cool.

Anyway I realised today that it would be cheaper to take it to a shop than buy the tools.

Tim.