Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rack luggage for non ventura racks?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by ShortBloke, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Apologies if this question has been asked previously however I'm in the market for a rag bag of some sort, preferably on the lower end of the price scale.
    My requisites are: a rain cover, adequate space for an overnighter and ability to attach to the rack securely.
    I've (hopefully!) attached a picture of my rack for reference/aid in reccomendation.

Anyone have any experiences with luggage that would work with the rack?

Attached Files:

2. CT-110?
    The majority just flog the matching coles basket...
    Or bolt a topbox onto it if you need it to be secure.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Close, DF125 with road tyres. Cheers.
  4. Would something such as an Rjays "City" rack pack work on a rack like this?
  5. Having got the bigger 'poptop' rjays bag I would say no, fantastic bag though.
    It really needs to be slipped over the top of a vertical rack so it doesn't slide off .

If you have a some scrap metal and a welder you could easily modify your existing rack to have a vertical piece which would make it work well.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Great idea, might just do that!
    I really need a quick-fix in the meantime though, mainly for my lunch and work clothes/rain gear for commuting to work. Using a backpack is not ideal for me, long term.
  7. Two octopus straps over your backpack ?
    Any trimmer would be able to add some tie down straps or loops to a good bag, or just some patches to create sleeves for your tie down straps to go through.
    Just have to find a reasonable bag to suit your initial requirement, or touring needs. I don't know that you will find one to do both.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks so much for these links!
    I've been wondering: would a tail pack/bag have enough attachment points to work with my rack? I'd ideally like to just get a bag which could either use small cinch straps or heavy duty occy straps to attach it to the rack.
    Ideally with a raincover.
  9. Normally a tail bag would have 4 or six attachment points, and should come with a rain cover.
    I've got a tail & tank bag, which has 2 octopus straps attached, which is 4 mounts, plus a 2" Velcro strap in the middle, and a small 1" side release buckle if you need it.
    There are quite a few sizes and variations available but the oxfords are pretty good.
    Mines only 18 litres, which is handy, but not very large.
    A friend has the one shown in the link which is huge.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Thanks so much Stever42, you've been a real help and it's greatly appreciated!
    Think I might just go get a tank bag.