Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

RaceReplica Braybrook, Out of Business :(

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by robsalvv, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Rode past RaceReplica on Saturday - the shop is empty. There are no signs suggesting going out of business or shutting down... that sounds like insolvency receivership type situation.

This is a shame. They were my local.

No inkling of this when I last popped in there.

I don't get it. If motorcycling is the fastest growing road user segment, how can the industry be under such financial stress?

RIP RaceReplica.
  2. I had popped in about a year ago only to find that everyone there was new and all old staff had left. Ran into one of the old boys there in another dealership and apparently after a change in Management there was a mass walk out of the old crew.

Rode past a few weeks ago to find a salvage crew clearing what remained of the metal parts and equipment, he said Race Replica was now merged into the Iron heads in hoppers crossing. I'm meeting up with the old head mechanic Chris tomorrow who has agreed to help out with electrical issues on my bike, maybe he will shed some clearer light on things.

Definitely sad to see them go though, they were my dealership of choice for years and always helped me out with good prices, advice and quality work
  3. Bummer. They'd been there for as long as I can remember. Last time I was in there the old guy was saying about the new guys they had in being pretty crap and not being happy with they change. Sad to see them go.
  4. I noticed this when I went past to book in my next service.

Any one have a good recommendations for a Kawasaki Service Centre preferably on the west side of town?
  5. places at werribee/hoppers?
  6. That's a shame, they used to be my local too... No more free take off tyres from out the back!

Yeah, City West Yamaha in Hoppers Crossing would be the next closest shop, I assume they would also service Kawasakis.
  7. there is also team one/advantage motorcycles honda and suzuki. otherwise it's melton has the only kwaka dearler in the west...
  8. Adam (Junior ) from race replica now works for Ghost Motorcycles which is on the back of the block Advantage Motorcycles is on. He's a good egg who pays attention to his work n does a good job, shame the same can't be said about the management there :(
  9. Apparently Iron head motorcycles opposite Advantage motorcycles in hoppers has the Kwacka servicing and bikes rights.