Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Racer killed in WA

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by pvda, May 22, 2005.

1. Just saw on Sky News that a rider has been killed at Wanneroo in Western Australia today.

They said Motorcross rider but looked more like Supermoto to me (bitumen track, and not Barbagallo Raceway either).

They quoted a name but I'm not going to mention it on here and I'm not able to find any info in the usual places as yet.

Not a good year as this is the second fatal this year that I know of.

Condolances to the family, friends and my thoughts are with those involved with the incident.
  2. To continue on the info.
    From what i saw on the news they were in a race at Barbagello Track, a rider came off and to avoid that rider the poor fella made evasive maneurvers and crashed.
    Im not sure exactly but i will update tomorrow with what i read in the paper.

*edit* The guy was 42 from Halls Head he was riding a SuperMoto event and hit a fallen riders bike which in turn made him crash.

My condolences to the family and thoughts go to all involved.
  3. Condolances to the family and friends.