Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Raced against a Harley

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by jd, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Early this morning, on my way to work, I could hear the very loud sound of an obnoxious Harley way in front of me. Event though it was dark and foggy, I could still see his taillight weaving in and around traffic as he blasted to pass cars about a quarter mile in front of me. I could just imagine all the people sleeping in the neighborhood being awakened at 5 am by this guy just making all kinds of racket. He really wasn’t going anywhere any faster than anyone else because there was simply too much traffic.

There was a stoplight approaching where most of the traffic stays in the right lane because there is a right turn that leads to a road that leads to the freeway onramp. If you time it just right, you can stay in the left lane and pass the traffic in the right lane as the light turns green. You can still easily make the right hand turn without impeding traffic in anyway. Not the politest thing to do but my commute is way over an hour long in the morning I take advantage of this maneuver whenever the light is timed right.

The Harley happened to be the first stopped vehicle in the right hand lane this morning as I went by in the left on a green light. I merged into the right hand lane and turned right as planned. Even though I in no way cut off the Harley rider, I guess he couldn’t allow me to be in front of him so after the corner he decided he needed to pass me.

I could hear a loud noise behind me that sounded like a pair of sick cows hacking up flem in a semi unison manner. I gave him plenty of room to pass because I could tell he was struggling in the acceleration department. I heard one of the cows die and then come back alive momentarily and then die again. The bike truly sounded like it was suffering when it pulled up along side of me. It was clearly seeking mercy, but the rider gave it none, and reached for even more power.

He slowly passed and pulled out in front of me. Then he slowed down, pulled in the clutch, and proceeded to rev up the motor and blast me with those damn pipes. I let this go on for longer than I should have and then slipped it into second and started to accelerate around him. As expected, passing him was not in his plan, so he also accelerated. It was clear neither one of us was going to let the other make it to the freeway onramp first.

My Ford Taurus stomped him… Cool

*Stolen from the Katana owners forum I frequent and was originally lifted from the Honda CB750/900/1100 website.

2. yeah that aint made for speed. just after i got my p's i had the family bomb 89 ford fairlane (3 speed auto) on gas and i raped one of those low rider sports bikes hehehe it was funny ;)

3. i love it when harley riders get their ass handed to them trying to drag someone :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

4. (cough)bullsh!t(cough)

5. Next time you line up a Harley you better hope it doesn't have one of these babies cranking it along http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/113orca.htm
    The fun you could have hunting jappas on one of those :LOL: :LOL: [/url]

6. Thats the sort of Crappola story you expect to hear, from the type of car driver, that deserves to have his panels mangled and his mirrors kicked.
    No sypathy here, hope his piece of shit Taurus grenaded itself the next day while he was cutting off a semi.

7. What wounds? You could make a Harley very fast with those motors, some of them are 600hp.

Yet to Joe Average on his litre Jap bike you could have it appearing as almost a standard Harley that he would expect to blow away at the lights.

I could see the fun in it.

8. This is what I was thinking as well...

9. At least we didn’t get our exhaust system from Godfreys :LOL:

10. Like neither of you have ever raced anything before?? :? :? :? :?

Yet when someone else does it in car, you wanna mangle their mirrors and panels..... Yeah... Thats the way to keep up good relations with the people that drive machines the outweigh us 8 fold!!

11. One funny post JD :LOL: