Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Race Replica Melbourne?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Maccarossi, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience dealing with Race Replica in Western Melbourne? They have an Ex-Demo in there i am interested in for my first bike but i have been told to be wary of places that sell "grey imports" so am trying to get as much info about who i buy a bike off as possible :)
  2. I used to live around the corner from them. Used to be real quiet there. I think they changed hands recently. Have never actually heard anything bad about them. Just go down there and have a chat, can't hurt right? Even if they are a bit shady a) you wont know unless you go down b) They can't force you to do a deal with them. I also noticed that they are are preferred partner of Netrider.
  3. They're a proper Kawasaki dealer. Not a grey importer. What sort of bike is it? The main grey imports going around are the older cbr250s and zxr250s, both of which are ten foot pole material in my books.

Troy in spare parts at RR is the man.
  4. +1 to the spares parts guy (never really got his name), but he has helped me out a few times...and I don't even own a Kawasaki.
  5. Yep.

Can't go past Troy for great prices & service, Netrider members get 10% off too, which helps.

That said I've not bought a bike from them, but I can't see you having any trouble.
  6. The bike is a 2010 Suzuki GS500F so still quite a new bike
  7. It is definitely not a grey import then. You'll be fine. Good bike, too.
  8. We might be buying the better half's bike from there. She is in love with the 250 ninja. She has her heart set on it so bad that she actually believes that it is the holy grail and she will never upgrade or want a different bike. I rekon 8 weeks and 1 ride on a bigger bike she will be sold on upgrading. :)
  9. Race Replica are really good guys - they changed management (and owners I assume) recently. Troy and Ronnie are always very helpful and Mick is a knowledgeable guy from my brief chats. I would say they are some of the better guys in Melbourne.
  10. +1

RR are good guys.
  11. dealt lots thru em,Good people!
  12. Can you please keep us updated if you do buy the bike from Race Replica? I too am quite keen on getting it from there, but looking at bikesales, they're selling the bike for $6.5k ride away where as another store in Frankston is selling the Ninja 250r for $6k ride away.

Wondering how they will respond to a bit of haggling.
  13. Go and talk to them, they're good people.
  14. Hi Keyman, welcome aboard!
    Bearing in mind that Netrider members get 10% off, I'm not sure they will be able to budge too far from that price.
    But haggling is so common these days, its almost rude not to do it. Plus, its not about the money you save, its a sport.
  15. got a few things from there when i had the 250.

staff were always helpful and friendly.

Almost got a Z1000 from there before i settled on the suzi.
  16. Thanks for the welcome :) I was unaware that members, get 10% discount, might look into becoming a member!
    At the end of the day, I'm a student and any bit of saving is a plus for me :p
  17. Membership is only $10 and you can get discounts with heaps of suppliers - check the preferred partners tab. Don't forget to post your pics!
  18. I dealt with these guys earlier this year.

I got my first bike off a mate for $500 - 93 Kawasaki ZZ-R250.
    The guy at spare parts was really helpful and I can't recommend him enough.

After fixing up the bike as much as I could at home I decided to take the bike in to get a service, fix-up (as the bike was in pretty poor condition) and a RWC.

At first, communication was good. They quoted $2,000 as the engine needed to be replaced with a 2nd hand one. I trusted that they weren't trying to screw me over as they actually suggested that I just buy another bike instead.

After this I organised for them to deliver the bike. It took 3 weeks of waiting and calling. Eventually I went into the store to see what was taking so long. They said they were really busy and finally delivered the bike the following day.

My only issue was when it was returned, I found that the battery was dead (it was purchased new 2 months earlier - I'm sure it can be charged back to normal but still) and the fuel filter was missing meaning that the bike wouldn't start even if the battery was running.

So overall they are pretty good and trustworthy in my opinion (just make sure your fuel line is complete when you get it back).
  19. Yep, three weeks of sitting will make a battery go flat!

Ca you explain how a lack of fuel filter means the bike won't start?
  20. Sorry, I mean run not start seeing as a missing fuel filter means a break in the fuel line, therefore no gas and no fun time. In this case it doesn't matter cos the battery was dead anyway.

But my point is that there was a fuel filter there when dropped off. It should have still been there when it was returned.