Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Race Fairings

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by i_cruise, Oct 21, 2009.

1. G'day all,
    Ive recently picked up a smashed 2008 R6 with purely cosmetic damage with the intenion of making it a track bike. All i need to do so, is grab a cheap set of fairings for the front of the bike but am unsure of where to get some. Anyone had experience with this before??

2. Thinking of doing the same thing shortly. Ebay seems the way to go.
  3. bike biz in sydney ordered me a set for an 03 r6 for 900. try any of your local bike shops
  4. Just out of curiosity. Where did you pick up the bike and how much? I wouldn't mind doing something similar... Just want to know how much I should be looking at spending.
  5. Moto 777 Hong Kong on Ebay, cheap fairings, just gotta drill the holes out a bit more,
  6. Just need to point out here that as a general rule racers use fiberglass fairings for more than a couple of reasons..

1] They're lighter than the oem or aftermarket plastic fairings
    2] The rules require that you have a catch tray of 'x' capacity in the belly pan. In nearly all cases the catch tray is the bellypan.
    3] Fiberglass is much much easier to repair and refinish than plastic after the inevitable occasional off.
    4] Easier to race tape the bits together in order to keep racing on the day.
  7. I second this motion