Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Rabbit Ear Antenna

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by 2wheelsagain, May 16, 2008.

1. Does anyone have an idea onhow I could improve the reception on the digital tuner in my PC?
    We have rabbit ears on the other TV's and they work fine. (Digital)

I have 23 chanels listed on the PC and they all work except for the ABC and I love the shows on ABC2 (Scrapheap Chellange etc).

So how can I improve the reception?
  2. setup a log-periodic or yagi antenna system that is tuned to the exact frequncy that abc is transmitting on. point the array at the station transmitter, raise the antenna to improve LOS.

here is a (US) example

but then, getting a signal is a dark art. sacrifice something living....
  3. Thanks Russ, I think that may be the way to go.
    I get the best picture fron the smallest UHF antenna (FWIW Digital is broadcast on UHF). All our stations are transmitted from Mt Tassie (Latrobe Valley) and I'm pretty sure they're all on the same tower so direction is fine.
  4. It helps if you nail the rabbit to the shelf. Otherwise they jump around too much :grin: .
  5. Pat, you have been on a BMW to long if thats the best you can come up with. I liked it though
  6. Mt Taylor (north of Bairnsdale) is the other TV & Radio transmitter site in that part of the world.

Sale is probably getting a little too far away from either site to rely on "Rabbit Ears" but you could be one of the lucky ones.
  7. Anywhere around the Gippsland Lakes points to Mt Taylor Paul.
    Sale is Mt Tassie. Rabbit ears on the TV's are fine here just having an issue with the PC tuner.