Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

r6 throttle cable routing

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Prawns, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Arghh this things a nightmare - I got my valve clearances checked and sparkys replaced recently (on the cheap) and since getting it back, my throttle sticks when the steering is turned left. It looked to me like both the throttle cables were run wrong, so I re-ran them, but still have the same problem. Its like they are too long!

Ive checked the workshop manual, googled all over, searched various r6 sites to no avail and am hoping some kind soul with a 2001 r6 or similar model - can check where their throttle cables go, does it go between the forks or right around the left fork or somewhere im missing?

Ive tried between the forks but it binds up on left turn (and sits on the instrument cluster) so then I tried right around the forks but then the cable is pretty tight when the steering is turned right.

If somebody could describe how the cables leave the grips, to where it actually disapears under the fairing it would be GREATLY appreciated