Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

R6 Modifications

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Makybe05, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Hey,
    Just bought a 1998 R6 and was wondering what mods i should make? It has a nice Yoshimura pipe on it already. I was thinking maybe putting a fender eliminator kit on. Can someone point me in the right direction to buying one of these bad boys online?

2. Probably a stupid question but will any of the fender eliminator kits from 99 onwards for r6's fit my 1998 model? Or will any other models fender eliminator kits fit my 98 r6?
    Just that I'm having trouble finding any fender eliminator kits on ebay that are for a 98 R6.
  3. 98-02 all the same just different colour panels (y)
  4. Thanks mate, that's a great help. Will be able to pick up a cheap one from the US on ebay now.
  5. dimension distance between indicators must be 230mm as the the ADR
  6. If the '98 R6's ran carbies (no idea if they did or not) you'd probably be able to get a decent gain by installing a K&N or Unifilter replacement for the stock airfilter and rejetting to suit. Coupled with the 4-1 system you may be looking at up to 5hp.

Cheers - boingk
  7. As above, just make sure you find a good dyno tuner. i had a 2000 model and it went great. Look into changing the gearing. Dropping a tooth on the front will help it boogy. Aside front that focus on handling. Mine had race tech gold valves and eibach springs. Cant think of much else, enjoy it!
  8. Can anyone point me in the direction of some Australian stores online that sell fender eliminators for my 98 r6?

Also this might be a stupid question, but i was having a look at some of the cowls and fairings on ebay. Do any of the post 2006 fairings fit my '98 model bike?
  9. Best thing is to get rid of that useless 60 profile front tire.