Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

R6 head light query..

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by Breno, Oct 6, 2006.

1. as most of you may know, some bikes with duel headlights have one working as normal light, and the other as a high beam.

i was wondering if its possible to replace the higbeam globe, with a low beam(?) globe so i could have both headlights on during the day so my front end looks more symetrical.

or is there any other way to turn my highbeam light into a both high and low beam light so both my headlights are on yet i dont loose the highbeam function?

i do like the way it looks with one light, sort of like its winking (hey ladies :wink: lol).

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

i have also seen angel eye (like BMW car) headlight kits for the '05 and earlier R6 models. would be sweet if they brought that out for the '06.

-Breno

2. Yeah I think it will requirea bit of re-wiring cos currently the there will only be a low beam wire to one and a high beam wire to the other, when you are going to want to have both high and low beams to each light, also I am sure the light connection terminals will need to be changed as well. Now I haven't done this but I assume anyone who can wire up a car stereo could do it quite easily.

I hope that helps.

3. i guess i would have to drill holes in the light too? im not sure if im even oing to attempt it but it will be good to know if it is possible.