Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

R6 flush mount indicators

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by lornetkowiec, Oct 20, 2009.

1. I just purchased a blue 2000 r6, wicked bike and the power difference from the gpx...WOW!!! I hope 12 points on my licence will be enough.
    Anyway, first day with the new bike and first mod I want to do is change the indicators. They stick out so far on the front and the rear and I would really like to get some flush mount indicators to clean it up a bit. Has anyone had experience with these for an r6? Someone told me if I get LED lights for the front and rear that I'll need some relays or something? Can someone clear this up? I was hoping to just buy them off ebay and mount them straight on if this is possible...

2. Not relays generally but you may need resistors to increase the load. Generally the LEDs are so efficient they don't draw enough current to make the flasher can flash your blinkers. Any kit will probably include appropriate resistors.

Just a warning regarding legality then it is up to you. in width: For front indicators, the following requirements shall all be met:
    1. there shall be a minimum distance of 240 mm between illuminating surfaces,

For rear indicators, the clearance between the inner edges of the two illuminating surfaces shall be at least 180 mm on the condition that the prescriptions of paragraph 2.11. are applied even when the registration plate is mounted;surfaces.

Australian Design Rule 19/01 - Installation of Lighting and Light-Signalling Devices on L-Group Vehicles) 2007
  3. I have just put led indicators on my R1, the inline resistors didn't work, i.e. no flash.

I then rewired a flasher can that is for led lights, works now.

Definately makes the front look better with flush mounts, instead of the ugly stalk sticking out.