Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

R6 - AC magneto coupler location

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by dtroy, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Hi Guys,
    I've recently bought a used 2006 R6 and among other issues I've found, I've noticed that the wiring in the photo sits on top of the radiator hose which runs pretty hot.

I just wanted to ask if anyone here who has an R6 knows if this is the correct cable routing.
    I've looked at the wiring diagram (see attached) and as far as I understand it, it seems it's meant to be under the radiator hose.

Also, is it meant to be clipped somehow? because it's currently just dangling.

My R6 photo:

Wiring diagram:

PS: Apologies if I am using the wrong terminology or names. I am just a n00b.

Thanks for your help!![DOUBLEPOST=1357433307,1356849755][/DOUBLEPOST]If anyone ever wonders:
    The wiring on my bike is wrong. I had a look at another R6 on the street. That wire is meant to go on the inside (not out) and within the frame.

Now... I have no idea how much work it will be to fix...

2. Thanks for the suggestion johl88! I am sure it will become handy in the future.
    I've removed all the fairings and stuck it inside. It wasn't too hard.