Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

R6 2003 Denso Ignition Coil issue

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Moochie, May 3, 2008.

1. Was wondering if the 2003 R6 here in Aus have had a recall on the Denso Ignition oils?

From what I have read the US models had a recall due to the rubber part of the ignition coils burning through. The Denso coils were swapped for Mitsubishi ones. I have not found anything online about the coil issue here in Aus. Rang Clipstone Yamaha and they said that there was no recall. Can anyone provide some info with regards to this?

2. I've got an 03 R6. I've spent heaps of time looking into it. My bike still has the Denso's and as far as i could see when I checked weren't arching or causing any issues.

I've emailed Yamaha Australia and got a (rude) response saying that there was no recall in Australia.

Best advice is to check your Denso's for any signs of arching or failure. Chances are if they've lasted this long they're probably fine.