Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

R1 Swingarm Bushes

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Ezyrider79, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Hey Fellow Netriders,
    I have two questions which I require some assistance to resolve.

I've just had a service carried out on the R1, 2005 model, and it's been suggested I require bushes for the swingarm as there is movement.

As such I would like to know if anyone else has replaced theirs and where you obtained the parts. I have just had a quote from Yamaha and the parts total $370.00. :eek:

I called Birdman in refernece to the bushes but after a quick search they said Yamaha genuine only.

Second question in new thread...
  2. Fark that hurts.
    If you can take your old ones out and go to an engineering shop, I am sure they would have ones the same for a hell of a lot less.
    I would be checking my rear suspension bushes as well if the swing arm ones are stuffed. They usually go before the swingarm ones do.
  3. Yeh Bretto, my thoughts exactly!

If you have alook at part 2 in the diagram, it seems to be the clincher but even still, simple roller bearings, charged at $80 each...seems a bit rich :bannanabutt:

Attached Files: