Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

R1 riders are stupid!!!!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by matt232, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Now that I've got the blood boiling in certain riders, on with the story......

In my apartment complex there is an apartment down the back that has a couple of guys who own R1s (some may remember the posts about one guy stacking his R1 twice within 3 days of getting it, repairing it under warrantee then 5 months later almost wrote it off when he didn't see a roundabout, it was again repaired by insurance then sold because there was "too many bad memories" and he then went out and bought another R1.......). Anyway both house mates have R1s with a GSX-R600 and a RS250 (who I nearly collected as he rocketed down and out of the narrow driveway as I turned into it..but that another story) visiting occasionally.

Now these guys don't have their own garage or carport so one of the other renters has kindly lent them his space when he isn't using it. However in the middle of this carport is a HUGE oil slick. When I say oil slick its not just the stained concrete type of oil slick. I mean it has collected dirt and sticks and sits 1-2mm thick in the ground covering a 4metre square area.

About a month ago I wondered over to check out the three bikes since Clueless (but Learning!) was interested in checking them out before Jarrah and Splash (who are you these days Splash?) headed off for a ride.

As soon as I got over there I saw that both bikes were sitting in the middle of this oil slick, and both had HUGE chicken strips, but I digress. When one of the guys took an interest in the 4 of us loitering around the bikes he came over and chatted to us and I mentioned its probably not such a good idea to park your bike in oil. He didn't really seem to get the point I was trying to make though.

It took them about 2 weeks before they stopped parking in the middle of the oil. They went out and got a tarp and placed that over the oil and have since spent the last week and half trying to clean the oil up.

I guess one of them finally lost a bit of traction when he took his bike past the 5 degree lean angle for the first time. :twisted:

2. Maybe it's oil from their bikes so they don't want to make more oil "dots" :)
  3. Lol! :LOL: Those aRse 1 riders are nearly as bigger posers as them CBR riders!! :LOL: :LOL:
  4. Nah, it's living in Hawthorn that makes you stack your bike and have obsessions with chicken strips :p :) :LOL:
  5. Bwahahaha :LOL: :LOL: right on Mouth!! :D :wink:
  6. Maybe a harley or triumph was once there :LOL:
  7. lmao!!They seem like the most likely culprits,its not like they're known for NOT pissing out oil now is it? :LOL: :LOL:
  8. Mouth you are only encouraging him.

gixxer, how are those frame seams holding up?
  9. :LOL: :LOL: Fine thanks,i dont poleaxe my bike into walls at 160ks + so i dont think its gonna be a problem :LOL: :wink: How are those chicken strips goin? I got a set of Pilot Powers Monday and dont have strips on the back and only 2mm strips on the front :wink: :D
  10. Getting bigger :cry:
  11. lol!Typical CBR rider :roll: :D :LOL:
  12. So did you think that up? Or did someone help you with the rhyming? :p :D

hang on! hang on! I've just had an idea......

CRBs are the best, screw the rest!

I think I'm onto something here. :LOL: :LOL: :p
  13. :LOL: Im a poet and i didnt know it :LOL:

Its actually not in its original form,replace screw with f$%k. :wink:

btw,whats a CRB?? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  14. nar nar not quite it, I haven't got the rhythm right...

CBRs are the best, piss on the rest!

Yep that's got a better balance to it.
  15. :oops:

You you....ooooooooo....you're just lucky I'm out of negative Karma to dish out, then I'd show you good and proper. :D
  16. Hehehehe :D Its ok,im sure someone will dish out some for me,they tend to wait till im not online though! :LOL: :LOL: Mr CRB rider man. :LOL: :LOL:
  17. I found the late night spamming thread SCORE!

What are chicken strips?
  18. Theres a thread about it here somewhere,but i couldn tbe bothered lookin for it. Its the shiny strips of rubber near the edge of your tyres,the more you lean the bike,the less of it there is. :wink: It relates entirely to the amount of bravado one has :LOL: :LOL:
  19. Not nessesarily......for example if you hang off the bike you can effectively keep it more upright.

Oh....and as for stupid R1 riders? :evil: Dare you to come and say that here: www.r1-forum.com !!!!!!!!!! ;)