Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

R1 At Bathurst

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by grange, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Pic taken from last years aus day ride, image manipulated using an ipad app....

Attached Files:

2. ive never riden a bike on the track before.
  3. Nice pic. Very effective. :)

I've driven the SSV ute around that track a couple of times last year. Fantastic track. It's very hard to keep yourself under control and behave. All you want to do when you come into conrod straight is floor it! :D

I would love to take the Blade for a run around the track. It's a fair ride though - about 9 hours / 800~ kms from where I live so I don't think I will be doing it any time soon unfortunately.
  4. Nice pic mate I love the widow makers.

I've never ran a bike around there but I've taken plenty of cars around it. I got the fuel economy meter to go off the clock going up the hill in my old SS. It stops at 99L per 100kms haha (I had 4 passengers plus an engine block + heads in the boot)

I'd love to set a time on it on a bike but it's asking for trouble.
  5. Not a lot of trouble in the morning. Went to uni right next door, used to get up when it was early and fang a couple of laps. The descent from skyline is something else at speed, but you are asking for it if you gun it down conrod straight.
  6. Many years ago, just before they added the kink at the bottom , I came down conrod straight in a XE falcon doing 160kmh.
    Thought I would start to brake at the overhead bridge, thinking that there would be plenty of time to stop, as even back then, touring cars were braking much later, and only just managed to stop it from hitting the wall at the bend.
    It's always worth riding / driving the track as the tv images don't do it justice....
  7. do they ride any bikes on that anymore? would have tht they would seeing there is really only eastern creek
  8. Great pic mate!

Nah they don't, however they are in the process of trying to put forward a second track at the bottom of the mount, but its 50/50 as to whether it will go through. There is also wakefield in NSW for bikes too ;)