Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

R1 04 07 09 Fairings are the same?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by BKN, Dec 12, 2010.

1. May seem like a silly question, but can i bolt a 07-09 fairing kit on my 04? The bikes look similar enough only visual difference is the side fairing and the nose.

I searched everywhere but doesnt seem like a common thing for people to do. Has anyone tried it with success?

2. if its anything like the R6's, dont think u can, compared my 08 to a friends 04
  3. The mounting points etc would be different I assume
  4. I dunno but buy looking at all the photos and stuff, the 04 and 07 look identical nearly. If you were to strip the 2 bikes, I reckon underneath they are the same. Just wondering if anyone can confirm that
  5. They do look similar, but the mounting points are different and clearances for the subframe, exhaust etc are also different. They are different bikes.

A quick check of eBay confirms that the 2004~2006 bikes require different fairing and mounting kits than the 2007~2008 bikes.

I assume you want the newer style of fairing, or know somone with a stock fairing for cheap?

Cheers - boingk
  6. Yer i like the look of the 07 onwards, wanted a cosmetic upgrade.

Sound like it'll fit with alot of modding, not worth it.

Cheers all