Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

R Jays Saddle Bags

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Kezza53, Aug 14, 2009.

1. I just bought myself saddle bags at last! R Jays textile sort. I am as pleased as punch with the price and the look. I just need to know what to do with the straps at the bottom. I know they are to hold the bags down but what configuration do I use!! There is enough strap left over to knit a jacket!! (Prone to exageration here). The Honda sales guy laughed when I told him what I was using before bags....a blue esky. Daughter said all along it was not a cool look and I have to admit it really does make a difference. Hope there are no stories out there that will burst my bubble. :?:

2. We've got a couple of pairs, plenty of trips with them, no dramas!
    Well, apart from the time one slipped down & melted onto the exhaust, but that was my fault for not checking the strap before we left! :LOL:

I just use the two straps at the top, I never bothered with the rest. Just make sure the bags are high enough to not drop onto your exhaust before you leave, you'll be fine.

3. Thanks for that. So...you don't need to tie them down? Don't they flap around at great speed!? (Or even just poodling along)By the time I put my junk in ....extra knickers, tooth brush, credit card I am a little concerned they might be a tad light! The need to able to remove easily is to be considered as well so I have left mine in tack till I work it out. No putting them back on hey!