Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

R.I.P. Robert G. Barrett

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Silent Grey Fellow, Nov 30, 2012.

1. I went to his site to see when his new Les Norton book would be out and found this

Farewell Les Norton

On Thursday 20th September 2012 at 7.30pm, Robert G. Barrett died peacefully at his home in Terrigal. He had been fighting cancer for a few years. He was unique, quirky and the ultimate Aussie larrikin.

The books in publishing order:

You Wouldn’t Be Dead for Quids
    The Real Thing
    The Boys From Binjiwunyawunya
    The Godson
    Between the Devlin And The Deep Blue Seas
    Davo’s Little Something
    White Shoes, White Lines and Blackie
    And De Fun Don’t Dun
    Mele Kalikimaka Mr Walker
    The Day of The Gecko
    Rider on the Storm and Other Bits and Barrett
    Guns ‘N’ Rose
    So What Do You Reckon?
    Mud Crab Boogie
    Goodoo Goodoo
    The Wind and the Monkey
    Leaving Bondi
    The Ultimate Aphrodisiac
    Mystery Bay Blues
    Rosa-Marie's Baby
    Crime Scene Cessnock
    The Tesla Legacy
    Les Norton and the Case of the Talking Pie Crust
    High Noon in Nimbin

I'd like to see the first two books You Wouldn’t Be Dead for Quids and The Real Thing turned into movies. I bet they would be a hit at the box office
  2. I thought Davos Little Something was one of the more shocking books I've ever read.
  3. Bugger sad to hear, his books got me through a really tough time. Stuck overseas with no money and a job that didn't exist, homesick as hell and heading down hill fast. I met a couple of other Aussies who hooked me up with a few of his books, a packet of PJ's and a bottle of Bundy, twas like being home again.
    Made me all warm and fuzzy inside, then again it may have been the Bundy after not eating for a couple of days.
  4. I read Mystery Bay Blues. Good book.

5. Yeah, I enjoy his stuff a lot: disreputable in the best possible way. Sorry to hear he's moved on... but that's the great thing about being an awther (his spelling): the books live on.