Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

R.I.P. Ray Booth of Stafford Motorcycles.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Dougz, Mar 16, 2009.

1. I'm not really sure what to write here, because I'm so incredibly sad right now.

Ray Booth from Stafford Motorcycles checked out of this world 2 x days ago.

I considered Ray to be a good friend of mine and someone who always made the time for a chat with me about my family and all things motorcycles.

I was looking forward to coming back to Melbourne in August and telling him my tales from Canada. He was always interested in my studies and made a point to ask me about them and my newborn son Jackson each time I saw him.

He introduced me to his son-in-law Paul who I ended up working with for a period of time. My sympathies go out to Paul and his wife Kylie, Rays daughter.

I just thought some of you guys who knew him might like to know.

Rest In Peace my friend. I hope the next world works out better for you than this one did.

2. What happened Dougz?

Ray had always been good to deal with.
  3. Ray passed away? That's really very sad. A really nice guy and the bulk of the reason I frequented Staffords.

RIP Ray.
  4. Thats really really sad to hear, like the others have already said, Ray always had time for a chat and always helped me out when I needed it.

I will miss him tremendously
  5. Can't think of the number of times his "how to loosen stuck fasteners" tips saved my bacon too.
  6. He is and was a great guy, sad to know he has passed on..
    always happy to help, and had the knowlodge..
    would look on with amusment as i would explain what i had broke, then tell me how to fix it..
    RIP al
  7. This is very sad news.

I did not know Ray as well as others, but certainly chatted to him on various motorcycle related topics. He was a great wealth of knowledge and will be sorely missed.

Condolences to the family.

8. Bugger Dougz, I remember seeing Ray and chatting with him a couple of times we went into Staffords, was a top bloke. Really sorry to hear it, my condolences to his family and those affected by his passing
  9. :( He was a great guy...

him and don looked after me so much when i first started riding. Always happy for a chat. He even let me rid his bike down to supers one year when i didn't have a bike.

was going to pop round the other day show him my new bike to.

will miss you ray :(
  10. That name is so familiar. Did Ray ever work at Eltham Yamaha? How old was he? Thats very sad to hear when someone passes away.

11. I think he was in his late 40's early 50's Kate. Not sure about Eltham Yamaha though. I seem to remember he mentioned something about it at some stage.

I'd rather not say mate out of respect for his family.
  12. I reckon I worked with him there when I was a kid. He had a beard and played guitar on his lunchbreak and had a beautiful long haired german shep. Nice guy. This was in the mid 80's.
  13. I was only in there this past Friday afternoon chatting and looking up fisches. I'll miss the patience he had with my less than informed questions, and how he appreciated it when I made things easy for him.

R.I.P. Ray.
  14. +1 mate :)
  15. R.I.P Ray,

I worked next door to Ray during the mid 90's before he head out to Heidelberg. He was at Yamaha City in Elizabeth Street at that stage, I was at Bike Barn.

He was a great bloke, he will be sadly missed. :cry:
  16. condolences to his family.

I only met him once but Ray & Don always have time for people that walk through the door.
  17. oh no.
    I bought my bike off ray. And I always sit with him when I go in for atleast 30 mins having a chat. He is such a lovley guy.

I was just with him last thursday and saturday at the store. I was talking to him about the R1 they had there for sale and we had a long talk about riding and riding abilities etc.
    I must have been talking to him for atleast 1 hour, and on the saturday when it was raining and i decided to load my bike in the van instead of riding it home (the weather was appaling) he helped us put the bike away.

I cant blv he's passed away.
    Please send my regards to his family. I just read this now and im in shock.
  18. yes ray was at eltham yamaha. he was 56 yrs old.
  19. for anyone interested, rays funeral is this coming thursday.
    details were in the papers.
    r.i.p ray.