Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

R.I.P Leslie Nielsen

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by undii, Nov 29, 2010.

1.  Top
  2. I was in hysterics after watching flying high every time.

3. A funny guy, his movies still make me laugh and I've seen them all many times. RIP.

4. He really found what he should have been doing all along when Airplane came along, v funny guy.

Does anyone know why it was called "Flying High" here???

5. The name is actually Flying High but the original title was Airplane!.

6. No it was Airplane for some reason it was released here as "Flying High". Never did work out why???

7. It was seen as a drug reference I believe - not sure if that was in the UK or USA-I think the USA

Plus, Airplane is American spelling so they needed tochange the title anyhow. Felt they could get away with the double meaning here?

8. Interesting you wouldn't have thought it was worth it just for one Country. I called by the original title everywhere else...

9. :( I'm gonna have to go download all the naked gun flicks in memoriam.

10. Bugger! RIP

11. Click on the earlier link I provided. It states it was originally released as airplane but then changed to flying high.

12. #12 stigger, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Only in Australia and New Zealand. Something else I didn't know either it was a parody of a 50's film "Zero Hour!"

[media=youtube]-BjU-e01zQ4[/media]

13. Surely you can't be serious?

14. ...............don't call me Shirley!!!!

15. ahhh what a shame

16. I am serious... and don't call me Shirley!

17. zero hours a good flick for its age :p

aaah some of the cameo's were almost as good as some of the movies.

18. #18 Finn, Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  19. news outlets here, both TV and radio, have been flogging the 'don't call me Shirley' clip incessantly :LOL:

20. Leslie Nielson was responsible for me losing my voice on my 2nd viewing of 'Naked Gun' (first of series) at the cinemas way back, due of course to uncontrolled laughter.
    He will be sadly missed by all and provided all with immeasurable amounts of hysterical giggles.

In memory :

Lt. Frank Drebin: Now, Jane, what can you tell us about the man you saw last night?
    Jane Spencer: He's Caucasian.
    Ed Hocken: Caucasian?
    Jane Spencer: Yeah, you know, a white guy. A moustache. About six-foot-three.
    Lt. Frank Drebin: Awfully big moustache.

R.I.P. Leslie..